[Openfontlibrary] OFL site

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jul 7 02:09:47 PDT 2008

Le Sam 5 juillet 2008 00:51, Dave Crossland a écrit :

> Other font repositories - such as CTAN, Debian, Fedora, etc - are
> directly relevant for the users of those systems. If you contribute to
> those repositories, OFLB will benefit from your efforts in the future
> - so if you want to feel a tangible sense of progress in the near
> future, I suggest joining the Debian or Fedora fonts team (the Fedora
> fonts team seems especially vigorous and is requesting contributions
> right now :-)

Thank you for your kind words.

I'll just add that Fedora has strict quality control procedures, so
while we'd very much like more people to join the team we won't accept
just any package. QA is more than "it installs files in the right
place", unfortunately for example many packages fail the legal part of
the review.

So don't expect just to fish any random font package on the Internet
and get it in Fedora as-is.

--
Nicolas Mailhot