[Openfontlibrary] FontEmbedding.com

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jul 25 02:11:40 PDT 2008

2008/7/25 Liam R E Quin <liam at holoweb.net>:
> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 00:35 +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> [...]
>> Bitstream hold plenty of software patents on all this stuff, and they
>> aren't involved in the W3C, so anyone who wants to implement anything
>> like EOT is going to be screwed by them.
>
> Bitstream (as I've mentioned to you before) is an active W3C Member.
> Please don't spread unsubstantiated rumours.

I apologies for being hasty with that email, and retract the statement
that Bitstream isn't involved in W3C at all. Sorry.

What I meant way, Bitstream are not involved in the W3C CSS Working
Group, where it seems EOT is being considered. You told me a while ago
that they are involved in the XSL Working Group. Please correct me if
I'm wrong, but the W3C patent policy only makes patent holding members
grant patent licenses for technologies that they are involved in the
Working Group for.

Therefore, Bitstream's patents regarding EOT are not deused by being
in the XSL Working Group; and how XSL would involve EOT, I have no
idea :-)