[Openfontlibrary] LGM?

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Tue May 20 14:49:32 PDT 2008

> Details? As a strategy for making this project successful to the free
> and open community, I think we need to get packages out for all the
> fonts we have, and position ourselves as the place fonts are just taken
> care of...I like idea of bigger ambition, but think at the end of the
> day if we an be best for free and open distros, we will be solid.

The details are coming...

A quick mail to say that some of us got together at LGM (Alexande, Dave,
Denis and me) to make a list of things that OLFB needs to move forward
(a first OFLB community council if you want). We really want to make
something different than yet another "freeware font" site! More about
that soon.

As for packaging the distro font teams are already taking care of that,
IMHO what the OFLB community need to do now is have clear guidelines for
contributors and review/clarify the current uploads according to these
guidelines.

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org