[Openfontlibrary] LGM?

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Sat May 24 01:11:47 PDT 2008

Vous (Nicolas Mailhot) avez écrit :
> > I don’t know for the "etc." but for README & INSTALL files I think
> > they are not needed. Since you can embed informations about the font
> > in the font file itself
>
> And you are wrong.

C’est dit avec tant de délicatesse !

> That restricts redistribution of fonts to font
> designers. And font designers are poor distributors, when they bother
> about distribution at all (they mostly want to play with fonts and
> hope someone else will take care of the boring logistics)

I did not say that you should not take care of packaging. Just that we have
Information field in "name" table (& I deeply regret that most of fonts does
not provide info here) where README content would fit well. Plus, installing
fonts is not a per font process, so I continue to think that documenting it
once on the web site would be enough.

> If you want FLOSS fonts to spread they *must* abide with the
> conventions distributors are comfortable with.

"spread"? For myself I just want FLOSS fonts to be good. Ruling the world is
the second step!

--
Pierre Marchand
« désignateur »