[Openfontlibrary] ccHost compression

Brendan Ferguson drsassafras at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 17:13:09 PDT 2008

> (c) when any individual files are added to the typeface, create a new
> zip that includes everything

For what reason? Downloading? Is this essential or ideal?

> (d) have the decompression work for any common format
>
> (e) have the compression happen in a range of formats

So, everything is decompressed. Great.

..... Now. It looks as though people can fill out "tags" and also a
"description". We will not be able to do this while decompressing. The
Name will have to take the form of the file name.

I guess the easiest way to work this is to make them "hidden" by
default. Navigating to the hidden files is confusing though. A
consistent language on the file submission, (instead of "publish now"
one could use "hide this file". One could also rename the tab in the
user page from "hidden" to "unpublished" or something like that.
Additionally after a compressed file has been uploaded, a link on the
confirmation page could be provided to the "hidden" page.

Now to the issue of allowed file types. The most secure thing to do
would only to allow certain file types. Files such as php files should
not be allowed. Nor should any other executable file. The
decompression will need to check for the file types and than filter
out the ones we do not want.

Have we come to some kind of decision on how the file types is gong to
work? How are we gong to solve the problem of all the source files?
Should we just input them all or what?

Thoughts or comments on any of the above?

Brendan