[OpenFontLibrary] Adobe Font licenses

H hiran.v at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:16:12 PST 2008

2008/11/11 Ben Laenen <benlaenen at gmail.com>

> On Tuesday 11 November 2008, H wrote:
> > There is no issue for selling a modified thing under CC BY-SA. Only
> > in CC BY-NC-SA, there we have to ask the owner about it. Its hence
> > not something like CC BY-SA. The term 'without fees' - i believe that
> > the license allows only redistribution for free of cost, even with
> > modifications. Other than that all, it looks like the DeJaVu
> > license.[1]
>
> With DejaVu you can sell it as part of a "larger" software package (just
> like the OFL), whereas this license doesn't seem to allow that.

Yes, there is certain similarities with both. And none with adobe's and that
of CC. Thats what I meant.

> btw, "larger software package"... If fonts are software, does that mean
> that since we added glyphs to Vera in DejaVu that it would be valid to
> sell DejaVu by itself?

it says so, i think (i cant look the license now, sorry net is on certain
troubles) that when some modifications are done - give it to some one, but
not in the name of DeJaVu/Bitstream.

> Greetings
> Ben

IRC : HFactor | Phone : 09496346709 | PGP : 4634C034 | W : http://hiran.in
Bob Hope  - "I love to go to Washington - if only to be near my money."