[OpenFontLibrary] Adobe Font licenses

Christopher Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 02:55:21 PST 2008

Fontfreedom at aol.com wrote:
>  >>    What about Helvetica?
>  >
>  >It seems irrelevant to me since URW Nimbus Sans is a free software
>  >implementation of that typeface.
>
> Hiss...GPL bad. The URW fonts are GPL right? The Adobe Helvetica License
> appears to give more freedom than the GPL. In some ways! Also...The
> Helvetica License is a bit ambiguous (which is BAD).

in addition to Helvetica, Arial, Nimbus Sans there is Ascender Sans /
Liberation Sans (metrically identical to Arial) which you can find at
https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/liberation-fonts/

If that licence doesn't suit you, there are probably plenty of other
Helvetica / Arial clones floating round out there.

- Chris