[OpenFontLibrary] Open Font License submitted to OSI

Andrey V. Panov panov at canopus.iacp.dvo.ru
Wed Nov 12 20:40:51 PST 2008

On 12 ноября 2008, Dave Crossland wrote:
> However, most fonts are not complex and don't have features or hinting
> - they are simple "display" typefaces that only work well at 14pt or
> larger. These are typically made by graphic designers who don't care
> much about software freedom and about understanding the GPL. The OFL
> is a good fit for these designers, and for those fonts - perhaps
> because the OFL is available, we will get more free software fonts. A
> good thing.

OFL 1.1 explicitly prohibits dual licensing, so the derivative works may be
distributed only under the terms of OFL. So if someone will decide to instruct
such the font with xgridfit, (s)he has to distribute the modified version as
OFL font. Further derivatives and this one may not reveal sources.

--
Andrey V. Panov
panov /@/ canopus.iacp.dvo.ru