[Openfontlibrary] cchost5 and OFL

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Thu Oct 2 09:02:12 PDT 2008

Hi all,

[condensing several messages]

Jon Phillips wrote:

> It would be great to get this somewhere public before weekend is over.
>

>> > IIRC there were other changes in the rest of the site:
>> > some xml files (like guidelines.xml) were also modified to turn ccHost
>> > from a music-oriented site to a fonts-oriented site.
>>

> Yes, right, but nothing core ccHost was modified. Everything is just
> skins, plugins, and xml files.

OK, good to hear that ;-) Even if they don't all work  in v5.
> You can add filetypes in the admin pages.

Right: may I ask: add as in add to the list of filetypes or as in pick
1-n choices from a list of predefined filetypes?

> On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 13:57 +0200, Victor Stone wrote:
>
>> /topposting/
>> If someone can  show me the code for the v4 version I can quickly
>> point out what needs to be done for v5.
>>
>> VS
>>

> Ok, I don't think big changes happened, but will know more once I get
> into the thick of it...sat/sun..
Excellent. There are two things happening to OFL at the moment, and they
are interdependent.

- The site is migrating, with the functionality extensions over the
default, from v4 to v5. That's a task for people who actually know how
cchost works.
- Markedly different UX and a very different editorial drift are being
introduced with the next version of the site. That's a task for me in
the first instance.

This is not entirely an exercise in upgrading a cchost install, but I
would be delighted for that to happen before my work gets too far advanced.

Not sure whether this is a good point to stop cross-posting to
cctools-cchost so I will.

Best wishes,
Ben