[Openfontlibrary] Open Font Library Development News

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Oct 6 12:47:27 PDT 2008

Hi Open Font Library Community!

I've raised some funds in the free software business community to hire
Ben Weiner to work full time on the Open Font Library for this
calendar month. As part of the development work, we are moving the
website's ccHost content management system to version 5, and thanks to
our gracious hosts, OSUOSL.org will be storing it in a SVN repository.

This means that everyone will be able to check out the complete
(GPLv2) source code for the site (except for the configuration files
with SQL passwords and so on) and many more people will be able to
checkin changes than currently can.

If you'd like to be able to checkin changes, mail me a htpasswd hash.
This applies to everyone, including Jon and anyone else with shell
access already :-)

To generate one, use the "htpasswd" command (install Apache if its not
already installed.)

$ htpasswd -c mailtodave.txt username
New password: password
Re-type new password: password
Adding password for user username
$ cat mailtodave.txt
username:5mjt285eHeODc
$

So then copy and paste the line "username:5mjt285eHeODc" into an email to me :-)

The tool at the bottom of
http://www.clockwatchers.com/htaccess_tool.html can also be used to
generate this :-)