[Openfontlibrary] Font formats accepted by OFLB

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 06:12:52 PDT 2008

On Saturday 25 October 2008, Ben Weiner wrote:
> Looks as though in the next OFLB site version we'll have to ask
> people to upload individual files. We'd certainly need to unpack
> archives if we allowed them, and ccHost currently cannot see inside
> tarballs, facts that together mean we're best avoiding them.

I completely disagree with that, and it won't work anyway. You assume
that fonts are always one file, or everything could be pushed into one
file. If you look at DejaVu we have a *lot* more, like build files
(Makefile, some scripts to process the fonts when building etc), more
scripts that help in development, and other metadata files like
changelogs, readme, status files etc.

Other projects have for example Xgridfit files for their hinting, or
other files that are used for building the fonts from source.

If ccHost cannot handle zipped files, then too bad. Not allowing zip
files to be uploaded would be a major defect of the site.

Greetings
Ben