[Openfontlibrary] SVG Fonts as a replacement for EOT?

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Thu Sep 11 02:19:41 PDT 2008

Vous (Dave Crossland) avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Those smart dojotoolkit guys have been thinking about web fonts and
> come up with some very clever stuff :-)
>
> http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2008/09/08/custom-fonts-with-dojoxgfx/
>
> Here's the 'serious' demo:
>
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/demos/fonts/demo.html
>
> And here's the 'fun' demo which I think has A LOT of potential for OFLB:
>
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/demos/fonts/comic.html
>
> I guess its not as internationalised as Ed Trager's stuff, but it
> might complement them, for example giving charts of charset coverages:
>
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/demos/fonts/charts.html

Wasn’t there, where licensing is a problem, that free fonts would have prove
to be a "solution"? While this stuff is stiil cool, it’s a tr("cautère sur
une jambe de bois").
Plus, I don’t see why foundries get excited with EOT to get fonts in HTML when
they don’t mind too much about their fonts embedded into PDF where they are
easily "stolable" as well.

Another fun, I join a php script^^concept that exposes fontconfig on web!
Free fonts _required_ :)

ciao

--
Pierre Marchand