[OpenFontLibrary] New patron, but wants high profile link for small donation?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 13 07:37:10 PDT 2009

Hi!

Chris Reynolds <chris at webhostingsearch.com> contacted Alexandre and I
last month, about becoming a sponsor of the site.

He would like to donate US$500 in return for some kind of link to his
business website. I proposed a link to the site on the patron's page
for 6 months, and Chris has made this mock up:

http://dave.lab6.com/acid/dump/2009/oflb-patron2.jpg

He has also suggested a link on the main page of the old site, while it is up:

http://dave.lab6.com/acid/dump/2009/oflb-patron1.jpg

The value of affiliate marketing is quite large, and could be a source
of income for the project, so I think we should be careful to keep
high-visibility advertising copy available to patrons only at a
premium. I would prefer to have a linked logo on the patrons page just
like the other patrons have. $500 is much less than other patrons have
donated, but then, an extra $500 will certainly help Ed Trager spend
more time on integrating his work.

Thoughts? :-)