[OpenFontLibrary] Sample images

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Mon Apr 13 10:22:10 PDT 2009

Hello!

Last week I started a new quarter of teaching designing for digital
media to graphic design students;
And I would like to confront them with real-world projects in FOSS,
like the OFLB

Which I think is extremely interesting for graphic designers,
who never understood why they had to stick with 4 fonts on the web in
the first place :-)

In anticipation of the new site I thought about giving them the
assignment to create sample images for the OFLB,
as has been requested on the wiki.

Does that make sense to you?

If so, are there any specific typefaces or categories of typefaces
that should be ignored?
For example, the author is active within the community and would
probably want to make the sample image himself?

Thanks in advance,

Eric