[OpenFontLibrary] @font-face rules on the listings page: new OFLB

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Wed Apr 29 13:27:31 PDT 2009

Hi,

Quite a lot of the typefaces we currently host on OFLB have only one
weight, but some have many: regular, italic, bold and bold italic for
example.

On the listings page (http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/files) we've
provided a link (perhaps confusingly labelled 'link', short for
'font-link to your html') that you can click, if you have Javascript, to
display a sample @font-face CSS rule set for each typeface (I have in
fact temporarily disabled the feature for a different reason).

The CSS was originally coded up to display only one rule - the one for
the first weight of the typeface. I think that is a bit pointless and we
should provide the full set. But I also think this may make the page
slow to render and for little benefit. Each typeface record page
provides the full ruleset. So should we remove rulesets from the
listings page?

Cheers,
Ben

--