[OpenFontLibrary] Status report about the new OFLB

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Jan 1 13:04:13 PST 2009

Hi All,

Progress on migrating OFLB to the new site has been delayed by (a)
moving to a new virtual server host thank to OSUOSL.org and (b) not
yet having the font list - http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/files -
working well. I hope both these issues will be resolved this month :-)

We do have really nice INTERACTIVE font previewing thanks to Ed Trager
though - click the book icons at
http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/files/admin/6 for example - and Ed
is now working on a key feature for community development of fonts -
showing how much language coverage a font has. For the easter (well,
summer? ;-) I hope that we'll have this up and running :-)

Here is an email from Ed today about the new feature that I thought we
should really discuss on list :-)

Happy new year!

Dave