[OpenFontLibrary] Firefox 3.5 is out!

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jul 1 08:10:41 PDT 2009

2009/7/1 ricardo lafuente <bollecs at sollec.org>:
> would it be too difficult/impractical to have this run on a font submitted
> to the OFLB and generate the .eot on demand?

That's the plan; actually, the ideal plan would be to have a mod_eot
Apache module so that when it saw IE coming, it did a cached
conversion on the fly so web designers don't have to think about it.

> i can see the issue in providing files in (another) closed format though. On
> the other hand, it would eliminate that significant hurdle (IE support) and
> allow for a statement that fonts in OFLB are cross-browser compatible. Long
> shot?

The conversion software is GPL, so the format isn't closed; its patent
encumbered in the USA, but, we discussed that and decided it didn't
matter.