[OpenFontLibrary] Firefox 3.5 is out!

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jul 1 09:03:53 PDT 2009

Hi,

Well yes, all other browsers support normal fonts, so that's a defacto
standard. I don't see MS changing though, it must prop up the proprietary
software culture quite hard as the weight of free software network effects
streamroll it :)

Downloading EOTs makes little sense to me. What use are they outside a
browser?

Regards, Dave

On 1 Jul 2009, 4:27 PM, "Joshua A.C. Newman" <joshua at joshuanewmandesign.com>
wrote:

> Well, IE did this in like 1996 so its not really true they decided to do
something different;
Yeah, I remember that this is an old thing. But now there *is* a standard.
But:

> 2009/7/1 ricardo lafuente <bollecs at sollec.org>: >> >> would it be too
difficult/impractical to h...
That's the hot hotness. But doesn't that only work for linking to those
fonts? Would it work to generate EOTs for download as well?

-J

On Jul 1, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Dave Crossland wrote: > 2009/7/1 Joshua A.C.
Newman <joshua at joshuanewm...

Joshua Newman Design 401.225.7222