[OpenFontLibrary] AdBard?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jun 3 01:28:10 PDT 2009

2009/6/3 Christopher Fynn <cfynn at gmx.net>:

> but on the marketing idea, I'd prefer to see that low-key and *not* try and
> compete against the "100's of free fonts sites".

I think we can take several approaches.

> Is OFL aiming to be a libre alternative to those sites or a libre
> alternative to Monotype, Linotype, Adobe etc?

I think myfonts is the most similar, since it takes submissions from
everyone - so there is a lot of "1001 free font" quality stuff, and
also some very high quality work too.

I think libre alternatives to small foundries will spring up by
themselves, and perhaps over time they might build up a huge library
like M/L/A