[OpenFontLibrary] More about @font-face

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 13:59:57 PDT 2009

>Ie has supported it for 10 years, and a gpl eot converter is in the
works. I
>expect ff and opera to ship within 6 months.

@font face does not work with IE...What do you mean "supported it"? Is
there a 3rd party downloadable plugin somewhere so it will work? @font face
does  not work with MSIE 6 or MSIE 7 or MSIE 8. Maybe it will be in MSIE 9?

>I have tested it in Arora (Qt 4.5) and Midori (WebKitGtk  1.1.8)...

I've never heard of these browsers...They do not appear on the lists of
popular browsers. Great that they work though.

>I suspect it is also supported in Konqueror (KHTML)

Last year, that browser had 0.01% of the market. Now, it has lost
ground...less than 0.01%.

_http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=124_

(http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=124)

Since it does work with Safari & the Mac is popular in the design
community, maybe some Mac web designers creating Apple oriented sites will  start
using it.

A problem is: Even when a released browser does start supporting a new
feature, many people use older browser versions. For the current May/June 2009,
 the top three browsers are:
_http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2_
(http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2)

#1 MSIE 7 (40%)
#2 Firefox 3.0 (20%)
#3 MSIE 6 (16%)

MSIE 6 is something many web designers are still told sites MUST  work
perfectly with.

FF
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $50. Take a Peek!