[OpenFontLibrary] Pressing forward on OFLBv2 deployment

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Jun 11 13:36:35 PDT 2009

Hi,

Okay, Ben and I are free tomorrow (12th June, GMT) to work on OFLB at
Ben's house.

I suggest that Ben will continue to work on integrating Ed's work with
ccHost. This

(a) making previews when a font is uploaded and showing them in the
"Get" listing at http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/files and

(b) making the upload process generate an analysis of glyph converage,
and show this in the "typeface record" page)

Meanwhile, I will:

(i) migrate http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org to the
openclipfont.osuosl.org server, as-is, and point
openfontlibrary.fonly.org's A record to that machine's IP address.

(ii) migrate what is there into the SVN repositories on the machine,
and get everything setup working and viewable at
https://test.openfontlibrary.org/

Then we will switch development to happening within the SVN
repositories. I'll document this as I go as thoroughly as I can, to
help other developers join the effort later.

I'll also do a few more recorded conversations with Ben (about how the
"get" listing works, and our thoughts on his recent post about the
upload form which I don't think anyone wrote a reply to yet...)