[OpenFontLibrary] Hevetice Neue on the OpenFont site

Joshua A.C. Newman joshua at joshuanewmandesign.com
Wed Jun 24 10:32:36 PDT 2009

Yeah, this is really nice. Do you mind if I tweak the glyphs I want to
change? Or do you want critique that you can take or leave?

The project I'm working on is called Ashlar. It's a content management
platform designed to make integration of different types of dynamic
web information (e.g. blogs and shopping carts) easily intercompatible
while keeping a Wordrpress-like ease of use. I'm the head designer on
the project and I've been on a quest for a nice, clean, modern sans to
use as the official font of the various Ashlar brands, but because the
font has to be distributed (rather than just rendered once) it needs
to be an open font.

I tell you this because I want to make sure you understand that the
open sourceness of this will be used to the fullest extent. It will be
included with every installation of the application to be used in body
and titles and become a feature of the brand.

So, what license are you using for it?

-Joshua

On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:05 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:

> 2009/6/23 Joshua A.C. Newman <joshua at joshuanewmandesign.com>:
>> Well, I need something both low-contrast and modern for this
>> project. I
>> might even start with DIN or Futura. Not sure yet.
>
> You can use my student project (currently in development) if you
> like :-)
>
> http://dave.lab6.com/a/a2009-06-23-1236.ttf
>
>> In any event, I'm pretty sure I don't have the subtlety of eye to
>> deal with Bodoni.
>
> All I mean is that Helvetica is derived from the skeletal forms of
> Bodoni, so if you want to do a  Helvetica revival, I think that's the
> appropriate starting point :-)
>
>> I'll see what I can do, and maybe we'll make a thing!
>
> Great! :-)
>
> What programs will you use?

Joshua Newman Design
401.225.7222