[OpenFontLibrary] Din and Helvetica

Paulo Silva nitrofurano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:25:51 PDT 2009

>> as Dave know, recently i were working a bit over some Din Schriften
>> Engshrift, which seems to be strongly based on Prussian Railways
>> master drawings. - linked it somewhere at openfontlibrary wiki page ;)

> are there any decent resolution images of these master drawings, btw?

100 pixels per x-height didn't look too bad for me (like that ATF
Garamond master drawings at Flickr -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepel/sets/72157619145470268 - used this
one on http://pastebin.com/f21ce3de5 and http://pastebin.com/f18278f9c
 ) - would be interesting finding master drawings in better
resolution, of course...

it depends on the kind of typeface, of course - DinSchriften-like
typefaces doensn't needs that good definition of master drawings, for
example