[OpenFontLibrary] http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue May 12 12:36:13 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/12 Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>:
>> Heya guys, with victor's help and some tweaking, got OFLB up on the
>> test site to a good state. I'm not seeing any errors,
>
> I'm not seeing any documentation :-(
>
> Without documentation we can't welcome contributors.

Ok, so I will import the custom templates and things into the SVN that
osuosl setup ok? Where do you want that to live? And, can you past the
SVN modules for import from the test server you guys have been running
so I can get the commands run by OSUOSL please?

I'll write the documentation up on the update. I can't write
documentation when experimenting with how to get this installed
properly. Plus, I neeed to write some docs for the setup internally,
and how to setup locally for a developer, like I did for OCAL. Yes,
will do.

The highest priority if you want this done is to look at the site and
tell me what is ready or not ready. okay?

After you get me the SVN stuff, then will update so that its as simple
as svn up at the root of the install at OSUOSL. Right now, ccHost
updates fine this way, but need to add some svn:externals fun so the
custom files are updated this way as well. And, must remember to
always move the ccadmin folder out of the way upon svn up as well.

> I'll look at it now and won't change anything and try to write up how it works.

Ok, how it works is not nearly as important and what is or is not
working so I can take this to being live.

> The main question for me is: Can we do an "svn up" on the ccHost
> directory to upgrade the ccHost code, while keeping our
> openfontlibrary_files directory managed by our SVN repository?

Yes, we need to get to this point before going live. Get me the things
I ask for above, and I'll do that next. If you want the history of the
old SVN maintained, please do an svn dump of the svn used on oflb at
fontly, and make sure I can access it from that account you gave me.
Then, I will have to have an osuosl admin import it into the osuosl
repo so that it the history is maintained, make sense?

Then, I'll make the SVN repo work on the testvm site, so changes there
get picked up via svn up. Also, will svn switch the working
directories on the fontly test setup so that if you guys or ben wants
to change there and commit, then can update the code on the osuosl
site.

If you don't care about history, then can just import the files right
now into OFLB SVN on OSUOSL.

Let me know. I'm trying to remove myself as a bottleneck here as fast
as possible, but making documentation at this point isn't going to
help this right now, just getting SVN and looking at what is or is not
working on testvm will help...but mainly svn.

http://rejon.org/
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86 132-6817-8381 (china)
Sent from Missouri, United States