[OpenFontLibrary] multiple fonts in a single file

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Fri May 22 11:11:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

Ed Trager wrote:
> Hi, Ben,
>
> The Debian CJK project files are TTC.  But they don't contain
> normal/italic/bold/etc/ variants.  Instead, there are glyph variants
> that are relevant to Chinese vs. Japanese typographic tradition
> differences.

Eek. I should try them out then ;-)
> I don't know of any Libre TTC files.  Maybe something designed for
> Apple OS X, perhaps?  I believe TTC may be used a bit on Apple.

OK, I guess .dfonts are. But that's an extension I have deliberately
ignored... was I wrong?
> As far as Fontaine goes, it will definitely see the first font face in
> a TTC package.  But I'm reasonably certain that I don't yet have code
> to specifically handle the case of TTC files.

OK, so there's only ever a single entry in the fonts array? I currently
loop over it so that might be future-proof ;-)

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html