[OpenFontLibrary] mozilla

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed May 27 22:27:10 PDT 2009

Heya, who is our highest level contact about font-face at mozilla? One
area I can help with is to connect up some big push with Mozilla and
others towards using OFLB for the release of Firefox 3.5. We should
start networking this asap...as this can be a big boost for OFLB.

Please let me know on-list or off if anyone on this list, or Dave, and
Nicholas, you've been talking to someone. I know mitchell baker, aza
raskin and other usual suspects at Mozilla. I want to make sure we
have our shit together first and the site live so that they can see
the benefits of our project first.

There are a few big benefits to this:

1.) press
2.) possible sponsorships
3.) reputation for site and all of us
4.) preparation/professionalization of the project

I'm thinking we do a launch of the new site and have launch support
partners of the current sponsors + Mozilla + Ascender if we can get
all to sign-off. Then we do a big press push on awareness of the
project towards font-face in FF 3.5. Then, will be ready for FF 3.5
when its out...

Regardless of our status, can start laying the groundwork on
relationships now...let me know...be well!

http://rejon.org/
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86 132-6817-8381 (china)
Sent from Beijing, China