[OpenFontLibrary] latest?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Oct 21 08:27:23 PDT 2009

Le Mer 21 octobre 2009 16:14, Nicolas Spalinger a écrit :

> Font optimizer services like
> http://fonts.philip.html5.org/ already take that fact into account and
> handle the renaming when they generate a branch.
>
> If they absolutely need to keep the upstream name they can directly
> negotiate with upstream for permissions.

That's actually a good reason *not* to do woff. If woff+ofl means renamed
fonts, and we start seeing web sites that use gentium (or another) in their
css rules but via another name, forcing download of gentium data when
perfectly fine gentium is already available locally, it will be a net loss.

--
Nicolas Mailhot