[OpenFontLibrary] A preview of the fonts on OFL (includes a backup of nearly all fonts and a way to download them)

Iwan Gabovitch qubodup at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:57:42 PST 2010

Hello,

Being unhappy with the browse function, I used the Linux command line
environment to download (nearly) all fonts from OFL and create a brows-able
HTML page showing (nearly) all of them.

Here is the link: <http://qubodup.net/fonts/all.html> WARNING! 13MB ON ONE
PAGE! THIS MIGHT TAKE A WHILE AND FREEZE YOUR BROWSER ON THE WAY.

In case the link is down or you want to have the stuff on your hard drive, I
created a .7z <http://www.box.net/shared/3740jtfyrb> (17MB)
I uploaded the scripts used for creating this in this thread: <
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176>.

If you would like me to make them more usable (include documentation) please
tell me. Currently they are probably only useful for one who can read Bash
scripts.

I also wonder, what are the chances of adding a tool into OFL to create
previews of all font files and then adding the previews to the browse and
font pages? Does anybody have access to the server and has some time to
spare on this? I know there is a new theme, but if nobody is working on
embedding it now, I don't think we should wait for it and instead make the
current UI a little better. :)

Best regards

Iwan