[OpenFontLibrary] A preview of the fonts on OFL (includes a backup of nearly all fonts and a way to download them)

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sun Feb 14 21:00:42 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 21:27 +0100, Nicolas Spalinger wrote:
[...]
> I hate to rain on this parade but seriously, I don't think this is such
> a good idea at all!
>
> I doubt your automatically produced deb or rpm is up to the standards to
> become part of a distro archive.

Depends on the distribution :-) but the current standard is
"not there at all" for most distributions.

We've been over 500 years without previews on the OLFB site (well, OK,
less if you count from when the project started).
Let's not let a desire for excellent prevent the useful...

What's needed to get font previews on the OLFB site in, say, the
next week or so? Who can help with it? What skills are needed?

Liam