[OpenFontLibrary] Pc.de New Fonts

Kess Vargavind vargavind at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:53:35 PST 2010

Just noticed the “Pc.de New Fonts” submitted by erielarsonor:
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/files/erielarsonor/428

erielarsonor says “The PC.DE typeface is a free-to-use sans-serif font
from serious font family […]” and has published it as OFL.

Something about the description made me follow the link
(http://pc.de/fonts/), where I saw nothing of a free license,
downloading the archives resulted in no such information as well.

The font file ‘PC DE-Bold.otf’ for instance has the following
copyright notice: “© 2009 PC.DE © 2009 by Sergiy S. Tkachenko / 4th
february (foundry4feb at gmail.com).

All rights reserved. This font software is the property of Sergiy S.
Tkachenko (Kremenchuk, Ukraine). You may not reproduce, modify, adapt,
translate, alter nor create derivative works of the font software. You
may not reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, disassemble, nor seek to
discover the source code of the font software.”

In the end I haven’t looked any further or made any inquiries, so I do
not know whether this font belongs on the OFLB site or not. Sent this
quick email in case anyone wishes to check this up more closely.

~ Kess