[OpenFontLibrary] Google Font Directory

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sun May 23 10:09:39 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 10:58 +0200, Schrijver wrote:
> nice.
> Yet; if they’re open to font contributions, why don’t they just mirror the catalogue of OFLBv2?

By encouraging people to use an API, Google makes sure most people will
refer to the fonts on their site, and this lets them add a cookie, and
track visitors to more Web sites, helping them to learn more about
people, and present them with better-targeted advertising. So there's a
fairly clear (as I see it at least) business reason for them to do this.

Liam