[OpenFontLibrary] Font for hiding passwords

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Mon Nov 15 05:00:47 PST 2010

I am looking for a font that I can use for hiding passwords in text
documents, in particular with the EMACS text editor. And, yes, the
passwords should be copyable!

The font, naturally, should only consist of identical characters. Seems
like the Open Font Library has nothing to offer in that respect - or am
I missing something? I am grateful for any suggestion!

What I have found on the Web so far was dissatisfying:

* Password.ttf [1]:

  At least in EMACS, the distance between characters is smaller than
  their width, and the display of the text in this font is corrupted.

* Another Password.ttf [2]:

  Every character is a circle, except for the space. I don't like this
  exception since spaces may also be part of passwords.

* PasswordEntry.ttf [3]:

  Does not load in EMACS. Also, the spaces between characters is a bit
  too wide for my liking, but that's a cosmetic issue, not so important.

- Felix

[1] http://code.dev-tricks.net/password.ttf

[2] http://collab.directorforum.com/images/b/bd/Password.zip

[3] <url:http://www.bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/tutorials/