[OpenFontLibrary] Open Font Library Summer of Glory

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Fri Aug 5 02:52:24 PDT 2011

Great summary! I wanted to send a big thanks out to Dave too for
driving this effort! I also have to super support Christopher Adams
who has been kicking major butt on this entire process! And, I'm blown
away by the great work Ricardo and Ana are doing on the project!
Expect more soon, but now's the time to get invovled!

Jon

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> Fabricatoz Jon Philips and Christopher Adams and Ricard Lafuente and
> Ana Carvalho of Manufactura Independente have been working hard this
> last month on Open Font Library and the 0.3 blueprint is going to be
> marked as 'RELEASED' today!
>
> The big feature is the "Member Roles" - if you would like to help keep
> the font collection libre licensed, high quality, and do other
> 'librarian' tasks, please ask on this list and Christopher Adams will
> set your profile on the site to 'librarian' status :-) You will then
> see the new management interface that allows you to flag fonts for
> review, and so on. I hope Christopher can follow up on this thread
> with more! :-)
>
> Work is starting now on 0.4 with 4 goals in mind:
>
> 1. Release the design work that Ricard and Ana at MI have done and
> blogged about at http://blog.manufacturaindependente.org/ across the
> whole site - be sure to check this blog!
>
> 2. Release the translation system with the new design
>
> 3. Release the notifications system (email, RSS, tweet/dent, etc)
>
> 4. Release the new mediawiki Guidebook design and cleaned up content
>
> Fabricatoz and Manufactura Independente will be working closely on all
> 4 outcomes!
>
> If you want to report bugs with 0.3, please file them against 0.4 at
> https://launchpad.net/openfontlibrary/+milestone/0.4 over the next few
> days.
>
> Finally,
>
> Here is the detailed changelog for 0.3, from
> https://launchpad.net/openfontlibrary/+milestone/0.3
>
> New Features:
>
> * Font flagging (featured, needs review, etc.)
> * Basic Metrics
> * Font Updating
> * ReCAPTCHA
> * Custom font samples
> * Member settings page
> * Recent contributors list
> * Member roles
> * Anonymous uploads (Librarians only)
>
> Important Bug Fixes:
>
> * Search link is accessible on all pages
> * Removed username duplications
> * Added metadata in header
> * Accept left-to-right font names
> * Display distinct meta-data for all fonts
> * Bigger download button
> * Simplified orthography list
>
> --
> Cheers
> Dave

http://rejon.org/ | http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) | +1-510-499-0894 (sf)
+86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)