[OpenFontLibrary] Open Baskerville 0.0.53

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Thu May 12 20:14:46 PDT 2011

Hey OFLB lovers!

I thought you might be interested in our release
0.0.53
of Open Baskerville

Download it on the revamped OFLB!
or here https://github.com/downloads/klepas/open-baskerville/OpenBaskerville-0.0.53.zip

I tried hard to make a release that follows best practices for a font release, inspired by advice I could find on the OFLB wiki, Nicolas Spalinger’s talk at the last LGM, and Debian’s foo font sources. I’m curious what you think of it!

Be sure to check out the build scripts in the git repository:  https://github.com/klepas/open-baskerville
The script generates a version number based on the tags in the repository and the number of commits since the last tag.

Also, I’d love to hear from anyone who is interested in contributing their design skills to this project!
The design itself is rather peculiar (a display Baskerville) so we are thinking up the best ways to largen this family. Next week I’ll put up some milestones and outline the glyphs and styles you can contribute to.
For now, if one anyone is interested in designing the cedille and implement ç and the Ç, this is the ticket:
https://github.com/klepas/open-baskerville/issues/3

If you’re hangin out in the Fontforge-devel and/or the Robofab mailing lists, you might have noticed that I’ve started to try and figure out how to make FontForge and Robofab UFO output interchangeable. Until now, we’ve only had FontLab and RoboFab based contributors, but transparently accepting patches from FontForge is a priority.

IMHO, if we want open fonts to go anywhere,
we need to learn how to collaborate on typefaces.

Cheers!
Eric