[OpenFontLibrary] The future of OFLB development

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 31 01:46:34 PST 2012

Le Mar 25 décembre 2012 17:09, Alexandre Prokoudine a écrit :
> I'd start with a better question: what place in the modern ecosystem
> should OFLB be aiming at?
>
> When we started it, there was no TypeKit, no GFS, no half a dozen
> other web fonts foundries.
>
> What makes OFLB special today, apart from free-as-in-speech typefaces?

This apart is pretty important :)

It could be emphasised more by exposing all the font lifecycle (including
vcs, fontforge, system installation, etc) instead of focusing on the
read-only obfuscate-in-js-and-webfonts other web foundries promote. Right
now I'm not sure if a casual visitor will even realise those parts exist

--
Nicolas Mailhot