[OpenFontLibrary] OFL-FAQ update draft and web fonts paper

Victor Gaultney vtype at gaultney.org
Mon May 20 07:59:12 PDT 2013

Dear OFLib folks,

Nicolas Spalinger and I, the maintainers of the SIL Open Font License, have posted a draft of an update to the OFL-FAQ (1.1-update3-draft). Although there are many small clarifications and refinements from version 1.1-update2, the main addition is a greatly expanded section related to web fonts. There is also a related discussion paper on Web Fonts and Reserved Font Names that deals with those issues in even more detail. Comments and feedback are welcome.

http://scripts.sil.org/OFL-FAQ_web_11update3draft
http://scripts.sil.org/OFL_web_fonts_and_RFNs

We hope this helps to bring clarity to some of the many difficult issues related to web fonts and Reserved Font Names.

Thanks,

Victor Gaultney