[OpenFontLibrary] [GFD] OFL-FAQ update draft and web fonts paper

Vernon Adams vern at newtypography.co.uk
Wed May 29 10:45:11 PDT 2013

I can understand this, except for one thing;

Surely it would not be 'diluting' the OFL to reshape it  to bring more clarity to the licensing of this whole 'minor modification' space that webfont services are opening up?
Imo the OFL needs to be ever so slightly tweaked, but only to better protect the freedom of OFL'd fonts. That's not a dilution, that's a re-concentration.

On the other hand, expecting designers to rely on an external triggers such as 'trademarks' to plug this issue, does seem to dilute the license.

-vernon