[OpenFontLibrary] [GFD] Tom Phinney on Libre Fonts

Raphaël Bastide raphael.bastide at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 11:07:08 PDT 2013

I agree with Vernon, I personally use a lot what you call “Junk” fonts and
I am not the only one. As you can imagine an important scene of
contemporary graphic design is referring to punk / DIY culture. I am not
talking about amateur characters designers or graphic designers but about
real authors, studios an recognized designers working most of the time in
for cultural institutions and sometimes teaching in prestigious design
schools. Here is a non-exhaustive list of one of them:

http://www.hort.org.uk/
http://www.werkplaatstypografie.org/
http://osp.constantvzw.org/
http://radimpesko.com/