[OpenICC] monitor/videocard identification

Graeme Gill GraemeGill at access.net.au
Mon Dec 6 06:34:27 EST 2004

Ben Guthro wrote:
> I have been looking into a solution such as this for the past couple of
> years
>
> knowing which monitor is attached to which graphics card, associated
> with what coordinates  has been a problem under *nix in my development
> so far for a display calibration system.

Apple has a fairly clean interface under Quartz for interfacing to calibration
software, see
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/Quartz_Services_Ref/index.html>.

It's unclear whether it wraps things like DDC though (it would be good if it did, rather
than forcing every piece of calibration software to have to reinvent the wheel.)

The OSX display profile setting uses ColorSync (of course - see
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/ColorSync_Manager/colorsync_mgr_ref/function_group_4.html>
).

It would be nice to see any X11 solution be at least as clean as this.