[Openicc] printing GUI vs. printerdriver, LINUX colorinfrastructure

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Apr 21 16:06:30 EST 2005

Am 21.04.05, 13:37 +1000 schrieb Graeme Gill:

> The best idea I came up with to tackle this issue was to use
> the power of a calibration system (which partly compensates for
> many of the major variables caused by resolution, dot size and
> interleave modes), with a "fuzzy" profile matching scheme.
> Each profile is labelled with the print parameters it was
> created for (private ICC tags), and this is used in a weighted
> difference sum to compute a match factor with the desired
> operating mode. The profile with the best match is chosen
> as a default. This would mean that a "profile not available"
> type error is avoided, hidden duplication of profiles is unnecessary,
> and the user gets the best possible profile available under the
> circumstances. Of course they can be warned about an imperfect
> match, so that they have the option (given tools) of creating
> a profile for a specific paper+print mode.

So you suggest to have all the profiles on bord? and select the best
matching by the desired print options or

do you suggest to average calibrations to get one profile for comparable
settings (for instance include all print resolutions into one profile)?

To tag the profile with the print options is a idea I would like to go
with (first model).

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management