[OpenICC] colour palettes/lists

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Sat Sep 17 01:51:12 EST 2005

On Sep 16, 2005, at 3:47 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> My head starts hurting. If "colour lists" equals to "color sets" and
> "color swatches", could we please use one term, in particular - the
> one users will see in GUI (which would rather be "swatches")?

We've had this come up on the Inkscape lists a few times.

Some of it comes from different people with different backgrounds.
Those with a background using digital paint programs often use terms
differently than those who use drawing programs or who are graphic
designers, etc.

So, yes, getting precise terms will be very helpful.

"swatch", "palette", "scheme", "set", and "map" are among the words
I've seen tossed around.