[OpenICC] Oyranos APIs update

Glenn Randers-Pehrson glennrp at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 07:24:40 EST 2005

At 01:58 PM 9/28/2005 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:

>On Sep 28, 2005, at 1:55 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
>> Tagging is nice for single images, like for single stills, but a
>> waste for
>> thousand of images.

We addressed that problem in the MNG format design.  If a colorspace
tag (chunk) appears in an embedded PNG or JNG image, the information
persists only for that one image.  But if the same chunk appears in
the MNG top level, then the colorspace persists until the end of the
datastream or until another colorspace chunk appears in the datastream
to update the colorspace.

See http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/mngdocs.html

Glenn