[Openicc] mixed colour space documents

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Nov 28 02:35:13 PST 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 01:56,  Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> At 12:09 PM 11/27/2005, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> >So my conclusion is, the mixed colour space document option is still valid
> >but should be renamed.
>
>          very much so!
>
> >Saving Mixed colour space documents
> >For Print:
> >    Preserve Numbers | Flatten to Default Cmyk Editing Space | Promt
>
>          IMO, you probably need something like this:
>
> 1) Preserve all source colorspaces  (eg. no conversions of any type!)
> 2) Convert to Default CMYK Editing Space
> 3) Convert to untagged CMYK, preserving CMYK numbers
> 4) Prompt
Printing is unfinished business in krita, but this sounds about right

> >For Screen:
> >    Flatten to WWW (sRGB) | Flatten to Default RGB Editing Space | Promt
>
>          Same as above, except RGB instead of CMYK and no need for option
> 3.
For display we flatten to monitor profile
For export we flatten to default RGB editing space or prompt (we have no
specific www option)

we will never export to untagged, unless the file format does not allow

In short we try to enforce use of profiles everywhere.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann