[Openicc] mixed colour space documents

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Nov 28 10:12:26 PST 2005

On Nov 27, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Saving Mixed colour space documents
> For Print:
>    Preserve Numbers | Flatten to Default Cmyk Editing Space | Promt

OK now I get it, AFTER I replied.

Preserve Numbers *might* be PDF/X-3 but you can't have both untagged
RGB and untagged CMYK at the same time like you can regular PDF.
Everything not in the output intent space already would need to be
tagged.

Normalize to CMYK *might* be PDF/X-1a if you conform to the PDF/X-1a
format including setting an output intent and stripping all other
profiles.

> For Screen:
>    Flatten to WWW (sRGB) | Flatten to Default RGB Editing Space |
> Promt

I like normalizing to sRGB rather than to the current display
profile. Either could be PDF/X-3 (output intent is sRGB and all
content is literally untagged which means the output intent is the
assumed source profile for everything).

Chris Murphy
Color Remedies (TM)
www.colorremedies.com/realworldcolor