[Openicc] new: Proof colour space

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue May 2 04:41:44 PDT 2006

Hello list,
A proofing colorspace would be very helpful.
I know  several photostudios, which are dealing with agencies, prepress
bureaus and print shops.

They are working in RGB and deliver RGB and CMYK-Files (ISOcoated) to
their clients.

Before they are converting to CMYK (ISOcoated) with relative
colorimetric and blackpoint compensation, they do a proof and optimize
the RGB-file, if colorclipping of saturated colors are occuring.

The goal is to build an archive of RGB-files, where all RGB-files can be
converted relative colorimetric with blackpoint compensation to the main
   destination colorspace, without the need to make image by image
analysis , which rendering intent fits best.

Most uzsers I know prefer to have a special menue for softproofing,
instead of doing it in the colorsetting file.

Very helpful is also, if the softproof menue is synchronized with the
menue "convert to profile"

If the softproof is OK, the file can be converted to the destination
colorspace with one mouseclick.

:-) Jan-Peter