[Openicc] Open Source compatible AdobeRGB profile

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Jul 5 14:32:33 PDT 2006

Sven,

the problem seems more the exif tag may declare a colour space but dont
provides the ICC profile. The said colour space can then be sRGB or
AdobeRGB. Adobe and ECI-RGB differ in primary data. Thus AdobeRGB can
not be substituded by ECI-RGB.

Hubert,
maybe the AdobeRGB colour space can be refered as exif_second.icc ?
If it would help, I could create this profile and put into Oyranos.
A link from exif_second.icc to AdobeRGB.icc should suffice. As Adobe
stores profiles in a hierarchy I see no problems later on.
The link would be used by applications only as they select by filename.
Users see then "exif second" in the UI.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management