[Openicc] Open Source compatible AdobeRGB profile

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Jul 7 05:20:06 PDT 2006

Am 07.07.06, 08:00 -0400 schrieb Hubert Figuiere:

> > see: http://www.adobe.com/adobergb
> >
> > As "compatible with Adobe RGB (1998).icc" is a bit unconventional for a
> > file name I would like to name the profile compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc .
> > This is better recognizable and not limited to EXIF.
> >
> > Gilles and others,
> > would you take advantage of that profile? I like to packaged it
> > into the Oyranos' profiles collection. Location is /usr/share/color/icc
> > on linux.
> >
> > License can be free.
>
> Sorry to be picky, but the URL above point to the license I described
> previously that are not compatible with Open Source software.
>
> Back to square 1.

So you did not get the point. What I suggest is to create a own profile,
compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc, from the above by Adobe published spec. If
Graeme is more quick, than take these. compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc will be
includeed in the Oyranos profile collection package to make it available
at /usr/share/color/icc on linux systems.

compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc profile should indeed be free and will NOT
follow the Adobe license model. It is NOT ideentical with "Adobe RGB
(1998).icc".

Hope this helps clearing.

As long as distributions have problems with Adobe license, this would be a
workaround.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management