[Openicc] Open Source compatible AdobeRGB profile

almccart at lexmark.com almccart at lexmark.com
Fri Jul 7 08:58:02 PDT 2006

Kai-Uwe,

When you or Graeme builds the compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc profile, I suggest testing
it with lots of images to compare it to the Adobe profile.  It is OK to
build it to get matching results.
However, note that the currently widespread AdobeRGB 1998 profile is a
version 2 profile.  The
version 4 profile is still on the drawing board. So it might be worthwhile
to coordinate with folks in the
ICC who are planning to build the Version 4.  Version 2 color space
profiles had only one color
conversion path. Version 4 color space profiles have the multiple color
conversion paths like
printer profiles and scanner profiles.

Best regards,
Ann McCarthy
Lexmark CPD
Imaging Systems Engineering

"To every complex problem there is a simple solution - and inevitably it
is wrong"   HL Mencken

Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>
Sent by: openicc-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org
07/07/2006 08:20 AM