[Openicc] HSV conversion

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Jul 16 11:53:48 PDT 2006

Hi

I'm looking at creating a profile aware colorselector for krita and want it to
use HLS or HSV, but I have this conceptual problem.

(For the rest of the mail I'll  just write HSV but my questions relate to both
colorspaces.)

All I can find is conversion from "RGB" to HSV, but nowhere does that take
profiles into consideration.

Are HSV inheriting the colorspace of the RGB it's based on? And if so does it
make sense to talk about a HSV_sRGB (ie HSV based on sRGB)?

Can someone explain how HSV and RGB relates, in terms of profiles.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann