[Openicc] google SoC starts

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sat Feb 17 10:14:57 PST 2007

The LProf project applied last year and was rejected within minutes.  But
perhaps a larger umbrella group would be given more consideration.   Also it
does not say anywhere in the Google SoC materials that the organization
applying has to registered to a government.  I think one of their main
concerns is that any project selected be an established project that has some
type of track record of actually delivering usable software.  But there were
some projects selected last year that did not meet that standard.  So at this
point I do not understand their selection process.

Hal